Sat, February 3, 20189:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Want to earn 6 CEU's and attend a highly popular continuing education event? This is the workshop for you! Yup! I want to register today!
By the close of this workshop, participants will:
- Become comfortable with use of culturally relevant language for transgender clients
- Develop understanding of the development of gender identity and gender expression
- Gain awareness of the neurobiological implications of gender identity
- Distinguish needs of youth clients from needs of adult clients
- Learn how to write letters for transgender medicalized care
- Grow in ability to notice intersectionality and be able to respond to cultural oppression while in a therapeutic space
- Create new ways for your practice or agency to be more accessible for transgender clients
This workshop has been approved for 6 CEUs by the Washington Chapter, National Association of Social Workers (NASW) for Licensed Social Workers, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists and Licensed Mental Health Counselors. ReLearn, LLC provider number is 1975-412.
Approved by the Washington State Psychological Association as meeting the criteria for 6 total hours of Psychologist Continuing Education Credits. The Washington State Psychological Association (WSPA) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. WSPA maintains responsibility for the program and its contents. Workshops offered by WSPA are recognized continuing education activities under the rules adopted by the Washington State Examining Board of Psychology and the Licensed Counselors Advisory Committee.